Saturday, December 19, 2009

Radiator Covers











Some friends contracted me to fabricate some enclosures for their cast iron radiators in their home. I had done these before and they are fairly simple to make. One concern that I have always had about building these, is the heat that is eventually going to be inside of them and how it might affect the wood. I tried something with these particular covers. I added some insulation on the underside of the tops in the hopes that it would reflect the heat towards the openings in the front. I had always wanted to build something with a slatted style front and this project was a good one to try it on. Looking back, with the number of covers that I made and the number of slats in total, man, it was a lot of work making all of those mortices!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment