Thursday, December 17, 2009

The bedroom furniture
















No doubt, the our bedroom got a major overhaul once I had my woodshop up and running! I literally built every piece of furniture in there now. I started with the entertainment center which for all intents and purposes, was to contain the television for us to watch while laying in bed. Next up was the bed. I had seen a bed in a Sunday paper pull out advertisement and liked the raised panel design and pretty much copied it. The nightstands, which you can see alongside of the bed, were the second items of the overall set that were built.


Karen's dresser was up next and while I wanted to make her something extra special, she just wanted a basic dresser - so that is what I built her. I did add a bit of flair with the mirror. I added a small raised panel at the top of it and then topped it off with a beveled edge mirror. Really added to the class of it. I waited for the end to build what I wanted for a dresser. I wanted an armoir style dresser and built just what I wanted. My old dresser suffered from always having a pile of racing magazines and newspapers, woodworking mags and other stuff piled on top of it and it was always unsightly and always threatened to fall all over the place. With my new dresser, I had a compartment that was dedicated to all of this stuff. Now it was behind closed doors and out of sight. When it gets to crowded in there, it's time to go store it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment