Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cigar/Cigarette pack holders


I ended up with a good amount of walnut left over from the tissue box project just below that I simply couldn't throw it out. It was already planed down to 1/4" thickness and I just couldn't bring myself to throwing it out into the kindling barrel. I came up with some other Christmas gifts for some buddies who smoke cigars or cigarettes. I made these little boxes that hold a cigarette pack or in the case of the photo accompanying this entry, a cigar holder. This box size is designed to hold two packs of the Middleton five pack cigars. Pretty simple design. I actually thought of this project because it allowed me to try a clamping idea that I had seen in the past, but had never tried. It involves using tape as a clamp mechanism instead of actual clamps. It actually works like a charm on small projects such as this.


No comments:

Post a Comment