Saturday, February 13, 2021

Recipe File Cabinet

My Aunt requested if I could build her some assemblies to hold her multitude of recipe cards.  Most of the time....you have to hit me at the right time to get something done fairly quickly thereafter.  However, she hit a break in my schedule and making something like this sounded like fun.  I rolled the idea around in my head for a little while and about a week later, pretty much had a basic idea of what I wanted to do construction-wise.  Next step was to layout a sketch to fill in the dimensions.  From there....I "wing it" without plans...because basically, I have never used plans...I let the project guide me with the measurements.  I just follow the direction.  I love the way red oak and walnut play together.  I love the look.  I dug out my Incra I-jig to say hello to it.  I haven't had it out in ages...and I wanted to use it to fabricate the box joints for the corners of the cabinet.  Just a really fun project and it was simple from start to finish.  






 Check out this short video of the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment