Saturday, May 5, 2012

Remembering a Veteran

A co-worker who knew I dabbled in woodworking asked me if I could help him with something.  A relative of his...a veteran of one of the countries armed services had decided to throw out his service jacket and hat after it had been damaged in a flood where his basement had been under water.  The co-worker and his wife secured the jacket and hat...had them dry cleaned and they came out just fine.  He wanted me to build him a display unit for hanging on a wall that would feature the jacket and cap, along with a picture from back in his military days.  I was proud to help him and the project would be a simple one...with the exception of how to secure the items in the unit.  That problem was solved and it turned out fairly nicely.  Here it is just before I presented it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment